Sunday, October 4, 2009

Coming to Life as Me

Last night, in a pub, I got into the beginnings of a fist fight. There was a lovely woman beside me and a jerk trying to get between us. Testosterone was thick in the air. There was physical contact as he pressed forward. There was physical contact as he was pressed backward.

Long ago, before I joined with Yeshua, I enjoyed participating in pugilistic confrontation (sparring). My only detriment was that I would crack up laughing during a fight. But I looked at it this way... my opponents needed every advantage they could gain; especially if there were only two of them such that I had them vastly outnumbered. (if that sounds arrogant, well, go get some martial arts training and then we can talk about it.)

I have always been a peaceful man. Even during a spar. Even when my sparring partner thought it was a real fight and was out for blood. Especially then. I used judo-like techniques to control my puppet -- er, uh.. opponent. I'm far too loving and kind to hurt someone with blows or breaks. "Make love, not war." I love my enemies dearly. They are often my best of friends and teachers.

Since my Transformation I have used more subtle ways of controlling wayward people, such as love, nice words, and beer or pot. There is strength in meekness. Consider a herd of passivistic cows. Consider Ghandi and King.

But somehow, last night, I was back to how I had been long ago. The thrill of Battle! Okay, so it was not much of a battle. And the dude was drunk off his ass. But hey.. it was FUN! I got to be all macho and stuff. Yummy Delicious! It really brings out the woman in me. (or the child? or the dog? i'm confused!) And when all was said and done, all of us were friendly and playful again. That's the best part of fighting... making new friends. Hey.. It's a guy thing.

People, something is happening to me. I'm coming out in a big way. So are my other friends on this Journey. It's like being a butterfly who is emerging but was not aware of having been confined. Naw.. it's more like being a bear coming out of hibernation. I'm not 'different'.. I'm becoming more ME than ever before!

No comments:

Post a Comment