Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Entelechy of Oneness



When I was on my 40-day silent retreat in July/August 2007, I was guided one afternoon to pick up some pods that I had been calling “the seeds of new life” (blessing and dowsing with the daily Eucharistic wine) — and take several of the seeds and acorns and drive 20 miles to the nearest Barnes and Noble bookstore. Upon arriving at the bookstore I was guided to place the seeds on the shelf that I wanted to have my book appear on. I looked around and found the “Mysticism” section, and noticed that there was a woman cleaning and dusting the shelf. I obviously needed to wait to place the pods/acorns/seeds so I wandered into the children’s section and immersed myself in a Bible picture book. After awhile, I went back to the shelf. As I browsed the titles, I noticed Carolyn Myss’ book Sacred Contracts on the shelf and pulled it to me. I placed one single acorn in the book sleeve and put the book back on the shelf with a few seeds and pods around it. I whispered a silent blessing for Carolyn and “the seeds of new life.”

Today (October 20, 2009, approximately 2 years and 2 months later), if you visit www.hayhouse.com you will see the book I co-authored with James Twyman on the “e-shelf” right above Carolyn Myss’ new book “Defy Gravity.”
The Proof: A 40-Day Program for Embodying Oneness. Miracles do happen…every moment we tune into and act upon the subtle guidance of our soul!

I am reminded today of two quotes:

“Trust in the Slow Work of God”
~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

and

“It is the entelechy of the acorn to grown into the oak tree. The entelechy of a caterpillar to grow into a butterfly. And yes, every single person is born with the entelechy of greatness.”

~ Jean Houston

And so it is. It’s in every one of us. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. today i was looking at the black-eyed susans in my backyard sanctuary.they were inspirationaland beautiful today. The seeds that made them grow are likened to our seeds which are waiting patiently to bloom. Love of ourselves, others,caring, compassion, sharing,are the seeds always there for us to tend to with our awakened, open hearts. Namaste bill

    ReplyDelete