Tuesday, October 13, 2009

From Separation Into Oneness

Breakdown. The breakdown of ego. The pain of separation and isolation. Humility. Shame. Self-hatred. Confusion. The more I continue to do the practices and stay on the path, the more the light shines on the ways where I've rejected the Oneness. Where I've chosen to stay small, hold back, and live inauthentically.

It is both miraculous and painful. To have to experience and feel the truth of how I've lived = not fun. It sucks in many ways, actually, at least in the short-term. The miracle, though, is the opportunity to release and transform those ways of being that previously have been unaccessible.

Patterns and habits and behaviors that I've engaged in since childhood are being revealed. Deeper truths are emerging. Where there has been only darkness, the light is appearing. There is a way out, another possibility. I'm not the small self who I thought I was.

This is miraculous! As I take time to feel and be present with the places that I've been avoiding through addiction, distraction, and avoidance, the short-term pain gives way to long-term gain. I feel the shift within me. I see the shift outside - in my work, relationships, health, spiritual connection. The old ways are dying; the new ways are emerging. Oneness is becoming a reality, separation an illusion.

That is the miracle and promise of this path. Liberation. Wholeness. Unity. Oneness. I know it. I feel it. I am it. The intention, willingness, and commitment bears the fruit for those who are willing to show up and stay in.

No comments:

Post a Comment