Thursday, October 8, 2009

Endurance

Endurance

For me my change began when I Embraced everything instead of just enduring change. I have been living with my Best Friend for over 41 years. Back then we were married and raised two amazing and wonderful children with families of their own. Then about 10 years ago he was guided to step away from our relationship while nothing was wrong. We had beautiful loving sex, an honest open relationship, fun, joy. We were both greatly confused, however, we trusted his guidance. It became the darkest night of my soul as I journaled for four years through this long moment. there are no words to describe the pain. I knew this man since I was a small child! One day I am making love and lying with my beloved and the next day we are living at opposite ends of our mobile home and no longer doing things together.

Despite all my intense pain and confusion, I “embraced” them, knowing inside they were a gift. I embraced and loved myself throughout this struggle, understanding their were gifts, although at the time, I had no idea what on earth they could possible be! So I remained and just kept embracing it all. About five years into the process I realized we had done everything together: cooking, cleaning, classes, meals, business and so on. Neither one of us were being our “authentic selves”! We thought because we were happy and joyful, that was what mattered, yet deep inside we were ignoring our “soul’s longings” and not paying attention to them.

So now all these years later I am finally owning my own unique gifts and talents and brilliance! I am an inspiration to all my friends. I am leading a totally new life! I am grateful for the painful separation, because without it, I might still be living ignoring my true self and not living my passion and my dreams!

1 comment:

  1. Want to honor your choice to embrace what was unfolding: pain, confusion...and all.

    No wonder you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete