Tuesday, September 22, 2009

1100010110011

This morning I'm preparing for my first international business meeting. It's probably not very exciting by multinational corporation standards, but it is vital to the infant business that I'm nursing to life. I've got this problematic new scanner that is at the core of my new photo album digitization service. After three days of wrestling with it I've managed to squeeze the basic functionality out of it, but its more advanced features have eluded me. The negative slide option in particular will be quite useful. However, the software that will control that, as well as other really cool functions, will not install. Fatal error. Every time. Yesterday I called tech support for help. I spent four hours talking with my new friend in India. At first we were all business, but as the depth of our struggle started to reveal itself I could feel the formalities start to melt away. My computer has deep seeded internal conflicts. F'ing MS Vista. That said, technology is also quite spiritual for me. My T.S. friend took remote control of my computer on a number of occasions yesterday. He typed and moved the mouse around just like he was sitting right next to me. And with him chatting on the phone he WAS sitting right next to me... and literally halfway around the world. I'm starting to get a little sad that we're probably going to solve the problem when he calls back this morning. I've just got to let go of that and enjoy his company for as long as it is meant to be. All is One.

1 comment:

  1. The International Network of Zeros- and Ones-ness.
    Helped along by PC-Anywhere.

    ReplyDelete