Thursday, September 24, 2009

What Kinds of Flowers?

.Consider the Rose. The blossom is brightly colored, fragrant, soft, supple, gentle. The stem is fibrous; strong, yielding to some extent and sturdy after that. The thorns are sharp, hard, forbidding of touch; yet easily removed if one is careful. I know women who are very much like the rose. "Women can be like flowers - They look pretty, smell sweet, and are soft to the touch; just be careful of the thorns!" ~ strider
.I knew a woman who is like the Prickly Pear Cactus Blossom. Soft, colorful, sweet, not much fragrance. Strong, able to survive long summers in the desert of life, providing nourishing water to this parched desert traveler, dangerously prickly with tiny thorns. (Perhaps the last of the many cuts on my heart have healed now, as well as the love-yearning to be with that beautiful blossom of the desert... a desert i no longer trek. Gone.. gone. It is done.)
.A lady I met on match.com (long ago) asked me, "Do you prefer Roses or Daisies?" She likened herself to a daisy. Simple, colorful, very hardy, gently fragrant. As I got to know her, I found this analogy to be extremely accurate. And I found her to be a very beautiful daisy.
.Today's awareness exercize has me going! Can ya tell?
.This morning I got stuck in mezmerization on a street corner, having a 'norman rockwell' moment. Watching the various 'flowers' go by, the women and men of Sellwood, with the miriad colors, scents, gentle touches, and the occassional pinprick of thorns. What a beautiful creatures we are! What a wonderful garden we are! Yay us!
.What kind of flower am i blossoming as? I don't know! My companions see a much different sort of blossom of me than i do. Where i see a dandylion, you see a sunflower. Where i see a pansy, you see an orchid. Where i see straw flowers drying in the desert sun, you see a lotus blossoming in a life-rich pond.
.The more i blossom into whatever sort of flower i Really Am, the more like that blossom are the people who gather around me. I tell you, it's getting downright weird, that. It's downright disconcerting. NO! It's Upright Concerting! It's harmonizing! It's Tintinnabulous!
.
We are all flowers of the same garden. Together we are a bouquet of splendid beauty!
Yay for Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment