Thursday, September 24, 2009

Listen to the Message of the Flowers

Day Seventeen.

This morning, I read and thought about the Blossoming of Oneness. After my morning workout I was prompted to stop and buy flowers; deep wine-red petals surrounding a laughing yellow center mixed with scalloped green leaves and brown stems.

As I shaped a fall bouquet I was taken back to the years I lived and worked in Japan. Every Sunday morning I headed to the morning market, chose my flowers for the week and climbed the steep stairs to the unheated classroom where I joined a group of Japanese ladies learning the art of Ichibana.

Noone spoke English and my Japanese was limited to simple phrases, "Where is....", "How much is ...." etc.

Yet I learned. The instructor often sat beside me (or leaned over me) telling me (In Japanese) that I was to listen to the flowers becuase they would tell me how they wished to be arranged, where they should be cut in order to create the best arrangment, or how to wire their stem so that it turned the exact angle needed to create the the story being told.

And you know, those flowers did talk to me, just as today's flowers did, not in words but in the telepathic form in which we so often recieve our messages.

Listen to the message of the flowers as they give you unconditional Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment