Monday, September 28, 2009

Being Childlike ... filled with Wonder & Humor

Being childlike led me into a funny day where I let go and saw the humor in every moment…

To be brief without the entire story…

I gave my new little dog a bone to chew while attempting to get her to be calm around our 26 yr old bird. Later noticed my older dog outside the room and decided he must hear Cedar chewing so gave him one other piece that was left and put him outside. My room mate’s dog Lexi was asleep on his bed in his bedroom and I assumed might not hear, since I had no more bones.

Later I am taking time to make a lovely dinner, a bit complicated, while listening to a recorded class on my computer. I stop to give the dogs some cheese crumbles from grating and my room mate’s dog is not in the house. I call and call and finally I hear her come barreling in the dog door in back and her mouth is covered with fresh dirt! I walk to the back porch and on my newly vacuumed and washed tile floors are two piles of dirt and a bone about 3 inches wide and long covered and filled with dirt. I attempt not to laugh!! Even if I was not an animal communicator, (which I am) I can just hear Lexi ….”Well you gave the other dog a bone and not me, so I went and found my own!!!”

So I did not get angry, cleaned up the dirt, washed out the bone and let her go our front and chew in peace and back to my dinner. Well I was still laughing about the dog and added the sauce ingredients to my loaf!! So had to make more sauce. Then this morning I found the caramelized onions and carrots and zucchini I put in the freezer to cool, still there and not added in!! I am still laughing about it all. Today I will heat the veggies and pour them over the loaf when I eat it!! I am smiling ear to ear, realizing how I would have responded in the past. Now in my new state of Oneness and child like wonder, I just found the humor in all of is instead of making anyone less than Divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment