Monday, September 7, 2009

Rhythm of ONENESS

ONENESS OF RHYTHM
My hands on the skin of the drum I pause and remember: the goat, the tree and the craftsman who united us. As I let my hand doon down and lift, the other hand cannot wait to join. Soon two sounds multiply and slow down, speed up, play and others join in and my call meets their call and their call meets my call as we knit each other into a fabric of rhythm of sound. With the warm of this fabric we can snuggle into the sound and let it take us to our interior collections of experiences that awaken and fade. I think of walking on the red soil of Mali and how I feel at home and then our rhythms change and my landscape changes and I feel myself floating on the Sepik River and then it is as if my person images, memories and life stories begin to leave or blur or realign with a bigger world. I move to a collective consciousness as if by magic and we are all inside the same sound moving each other and an energy arises. It slowly peels away the everyday and reveals the rhythm of life beating as one, snuggled together. There is no "I" and no "other" only we and we is a big we that takes in the evening air, the dancing fire, the stars, the trees, the insects and all of life moving. Rhythms arrive, overlap, birth, die, hang on, build, play and dance. It is a moment of fullness. After the drumming stops it is still alive within. The rhythms wrap a sense of belonging to a bigger whole. Everything looks and feels so lush, so vibrant, so alive! Rhythms house the muses. They come with their gifts for all to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment