Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Rhythm of Oneness

Several years ago, after numerous years of hardship, I found myself wandering, searching for myself, for the cure to my pain, and connection with like-minded people. I was at a point in my life where I had nothing to lose, and couldn't face the light of another day in my current state. I started praying to God and the universe, asking for signs about the direction of my life, and I got the distinct message to go live in Thailand for one year. While there, I noticed many bright-eyed people whom I kept seeing over and over again, and was drawn to speak to. I ended up traveling to different locations by these people's guidance, and nine months into my journey, I found myself living on a secluded beach amongst a community of travelers who taught me about joy and living. On an early morning, after a night of free dancing, as the sun was just starting to dawn, I felt called to go skinny dipping. I previously wrote this about my experience:
"My eyes danced with the newly born sun, while I basked in the ocean’s breast, floating in timelessness, as the rhythmic waves nurtured my soul, soothed my psyche, and lulled me away, into another world, where life was one enchanted dream. Lying in her lap, I felt the pulse of the jungle undulate down the mountain, through the roots of the trees, and ejaculate into Mother Ocean. The ocean was the egg, and the jungle the seed, and from their union, I was born that perfect morning. I emerged from the ocean, naked, like a newborn babe, so I fetched my clothes and ran to my bungalow to rest after such a beautiful birth! It was indeed a perfect world!"
Looking back, I realize that this joy and union I felt was me, while skinny dipping, connecting to the rhythm of oneness. Thank you Anahka for putting this together and reminding me to connect daily to this state of Oneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment