Friday, September 11, 2009

the gaze of Oneness

Watching my son patiently stand there in the kitchen with his bicycle helmet on his head, and my partner reach over and work on adjusting it just right for his safety, I saw them all intertwined as one Love. 

We went to our school's rummage sale today and rummaged through tables piled high with clothes all donated from families of all the grades.  A parking lot of toys, books, shoes, clothes, and furniture...old treasures seeking new homes.  Of the many finds we came home with were a pair of "skateboarding" shoes for my first grade son.  He remembers a first grade student last year having those same shoes.  I said that maybe that boy had outgrown his shoes and donated them, and that those are the exact same pair (which my son had wanted all along).  My son thinks that's probably true.  

Walking around in another kid's shoes, wearing another kid's bike helmet, riding another kid's bike...if only stuff could talk, it could tell all the stories of all the lives it's touched as it's been passed around from person to person.  Thinking of all the possibilities if we all shared what we had, I see us as one huge universal family supporting, caring and sharing with one another, while tending the Earth and beyond.  

My last gaze of Oneness today happened as I tucked my son into bed.  He has a huge stuffed polar bear, Pole, that somehow I became the voice for since day 1.  So, whenever he talks to Polar Bear, I answer back in my low polar bear voice.  Tonight, as we wound down the bed-time ritual, it went something like this, "Good night Polar Bear." "Good night, Sam, I love you." "I love you, too Pole." and then without skipping a beat, Pole said, "I love you, Asha." "I love you, too, Pole," I answered back.  Love has no beginning and no end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment