Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Gift of Presence

“The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence.
When our mindfulness embraces
those we love,
they will bloom like flowers
.”
— Thich Nhat Hanh

This quote from today's practice is having a real impact on me. It's helping me drop more fully into the reality of Oneness. For much of my life, I've been drawn to service. My intention has been to be a LightWorker helping midwife humanity's evolution. From that place, I acquired a variety of things I could do: sending people healing energy, clearing spaces energetically, etc.

I, in fact, became quite good at doing in general for others: wives, children, friends. My limitation was in being...truly being...being present. Indeed, I've had a lot of veils, walls, illusions and other protective constructs that profoundly limited my presence. Hence, I've had limited impact on others' real blossoming...I was actually not serving all that well.

The past 15 months, especially, I have been increasingly aware of the truth of what Thich Nhat Hanh says and moving more and more deeply into the reality of that...but there's something about his clear articulation in the midst of my own immersion in this 40-journey we're taking that enables this knowing to deeply penetrate my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment