Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Where'd these Flowers come from?

This ain't all pretty-sounding like the rest of y'alls' posts. Anyhow...
"To find out what you want, look at what you have."
Today I soooooo wanted to share love with someone special. The feeling was intense.
Most of the day I worked alone in my office, organizing the Peace Conference. Being mindful to be slow about things - maybe even think before blurting - so maybe I made fewer faux-pas than usual. Hard to tell from here. I got on Facebook a little, sat at Starbuck's a while reading a novel; got some chit-chat in here and there with some aquaintances.
.
Just now I read the day's postings on this Oneness site, thinking how we all have vaguely similar takes on this first day; resisting yens, trusting providence, being open to Oneness, whirling around like water in the river of life.
Just now I realized something: Today I DID share love with someone special.. Me! (acknowledging that is a new thing for me)
(..hold on..phone..) That was my daughter Karen. She just wanted to check in, say hi. That's sharing love, huh?! So's checking in with you, huh?! So is creating the Peace Conference, huh?!
.
Seems like there's a whole bunch of love-sharing folks whirling around here. Guess that even includes me myself. Who'd a thunk?
.
Seems like things just keeps gettin' better when ya slow down enough to smell the roses. Especially the roses that are already in your vase, right under your flower-sniffin' nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment