Thursday, September 24, 2009

Learning

Oneness and desire. Our 40-day journey is making me think we all swim in some sort of matrix. I have read this. But now it's beginning to sort into my experience. Which makes me a little more confident of what I'm saying. But, to be honest, I'm writing very tentatively at this point, because it's new.

Desire is the answer to God's question, "What do you want?" It goes beyond duty to passion. Which is the life-giving force. I have not allowed this enthusiasm into my life much. I have done my duty. John Eldredge's book DESIRE has been a big help.

To follow desire in a "oneness soup" means that I am making waves with each thought and deed. Making it important that I somehow keep my intention on what I desire with faith that it is
worth the trip. Because it is uncharted territory. As duty is replaced by the energy of desire.

Which may be a more important, and joyful, responsibility. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment